No
No votes

Total votes: 8

Aetherius

Change Purge Settings?

Post by Aetherius » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:31 pm

:worth:

Hello there!
Some of the people at the servers think we need to adjust some of the server-settings to make it more engaging while playing.
I've looked at the Purge for instance and most of us feels the progress meter is way to slow.

I was hoping we could get it work faster so we get more purges?
Settings as it is now.
Purge Meter Trigger Value: 42,000
Purge Meter Update Interval: 15

I was hoping we could lower the setting to something like:
Purge Meter Trigger Value: 32,000
Purge Meter Update Interval: 10

It would make it more interesting for players with more purges happening and maybe make the server more active again.

Another thing is the duration of the night, I feel like 20min is also abit low? makie it 30min or more?

Thank you!

Frostulf

Re: Change Purge Settings?

Post by Frostulf » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 pm

i think night is long enof.. its not all of us that have a glowing bone.. just saying.. hehe. i would prefer it to be like 1 min.. an dsawn and dusk. longer..

Frostulf

Post by Frostulf » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 pm

can we get miners helmets ?? hehe

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Post by 8ody8ag » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm

I've read it, but it is our members together who've builded what we have here today. So, any changes should run the same way. Let us discuss it in here, in this topic. The more interested, the better. If there is no interest after 7 days then I close the thread. If we have something, I'll create a vote poll.

Aetherius

Post by Aetherius » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:18 pm

8ody8ag wrote:I've read it, but it is our members together who've builded what we have here today. So, any changes should run the same way. Let us discuss it in here, in this topic. The more interested, the better. If there is no interest after 7 days then I close the thread. If we have something, I'll create a vote poll.
Thank you! I understand you guys fixed settings after what you found best at that time.
Hopefully more will come with their point of view and we can have a good discussion about it. :)

sikhir

Awards

Post by sikhir » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Im all for lowering the purge meter.

Right now I can build massive towers with t3 altars and only filling the purge meter by 1/15th for a purge to even happen.

I vote for lowering it even further such as 5min uppdate interval and lowering the trigger value down to 21k-11k as it takes way to long right now.

PS: I love purges, gimme gimme all them purges :D

Frostulf

Post by Frostulf » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:31 pm

yeah purges seem to be ok. i was realy scared of them. but nah they seem good..
so would not mind them more often.

robaroo

Post by robaroo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 am

Ive brought this up before in game and figured id try again here.

Please lock containers on the server so people cant steal stuff from crafting stations, wheels of pain etc. Right now anyone can loot, therefore pretty much everyone creates "large boxed shaped bases" for hiding wheels of pains etc etc. The only "very small" advantage with this is if you are lucky..you might be able to steal a little something through a window and a few fish from traps.

If containers were locked if would give us the freedom to build and expand outside out main bases..aka little villages without the fear of losing stuff. Wheel of pains could be put out in the open and crafting stations could be put outside. This will also create more potential for pvp. As we can kill and loot other players, this would create better opportunities of catching people outside.

The animal capture system would also be unaffected outside.

Frostulf

Post by Frostulf » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:13 am

yeah maybe. or atleast make containers with locks locked as normal. when spawned. but im not sure that is posible.
so we dont have to set a container and lock it.. if posible

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Post by 8ody8ag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 am

Lets try to stick to the topic and discuss The Purge settings so we can get to a point where we can change settings to a level that fits everyone. As soon we are done with that we take the next, or simple start another topic about new thoughts. I've added a poll so you all can get a chance to vote.