FragNet: Our Conan Exiles Server issues

» Report server issues, banned, found bugs, downtime etc.
8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

FragNet: Our Conan Exiles Server issues

Postby 8ody8ag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:16 am

I got this message about the Conan Exiles server issues we've had since the hotfix of update 32.
Hi Andreas,
I have checked the logs and have verified that these are crashes caused by the Conan Exiles server software itself and nothing with our machine and/or network. While our other Conan Exiles servers haven't had frequent issues like this, keep in mind that Conan Exiles is an early access game where bugs/crashes are common. The option to move the server to another node is still on the table if interested. We could copy the server to a new node while reserving the old IP/port for you if you decide to keep the old server.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Casey @ Fragnet
Fragnet Networks AB - Game Hosting Solutions

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FragNet: Our Conan Exiles Server issues

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:55 am

Andreas,
If interested we can run the server manually on the hosting node starting from tomorrow at 11:00 AM (CET), this way we can figure out what is causing the crash as the software will be running locally on the machine rather than in the panel where it will be restarted when it registers the process as crashed. Is this okay with you? It will require the server to be restarted at 11:00 if so, as we will need to stop it in the panel and start it up locally.

With regards,
Christoffer @ Fragnet

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:17 am

Hi Andreas,
Please understand that we are aware of the issues you have mentioned but nothing has shown any signs of the cause hence our speculation that it's due to the Conan Exiles server software. Issues with the Conan Exiles server software is something we cannot fix since we are not developers of the game; we simply host the game servers using the files provided to us. Running the test will allow us to investigate this issue further. The server console is being run locally on the machine and we will monitor the server. If at any time you experience the server crash or connection issue, please let us know so we can check for any errors that may have popped up.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Casey @ Fragnet

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:20 pm

I've restarted the server and re-enabled your control-panel. We noted some connectivity errors in the log towards the end when you reached over 15 players. I'll be going through the logs more thoroughly and get in contact with FunCom to see if they have any idea as to what may cause this. I'll get back to you as soon as we receive a reply from the developers.

With regards,
Christoffer @ Fragnet

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am

Hello Andreas,
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
The test is not running, if it was the control-panel would not have been reactivated. We have not touched your scheduled tasks, but we were experiencing some issues with the control-panel over the weekend which may have caused the scheduled tasks to fail. This has since been fixed so the restarts should be resolved, if not please let us know.
Furthermore, just to update; we're in contact with FunCom now to see if we can get the issues with your server resolved once and for all. We'll update you as soon as we have more information.

With regards,
Christoffer @ Fragnet

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Last message from Fragnet :roll:
Andreas,
As this is quite a dire situation which requires a speedier resolution we have decided to not wait around for FunCom to get back to us, their last e-mail was not very helpful where they're still waiting to hear back from their developers:
We have forwarded your information to the developers, but I'm afraid we have not received any word back from them with any advice or additional information yet. We'll be consulting them further as soon as possible and relay any information we can to you at that time.
We have therefore decided to proceed with setting up a completely new machine to which we will move your server. We will also move the IP-address over to this new machine to ensure you do not get a new one, that way nothing will change. This will however require some downtime for your server while we transfer the files over to the new machine & switch the IP over. As this is the case I wish to ask if you want to schedule in a maintenance window during which we can proceed with this transfer? I'm currently setting up the new machine and expect this to be done in about an hour so we will be able to process this at any time when we have staff in the office (see my signature below for the office hours).
I understand you were reluctant to change server node in the past but as I understood it this was due to having to change IP, as we will now move the IP together with the files to the new machine, there'll be no change except that this will hopefully fix the issue. The machine we're moving you to has a better processor, which can only help. Please get back to us with any questions or concerns you might have in regards to this, or to schedule in a maintenance window for your server so that we can get this resolved once and for all.

With regards,
Christoffer @ Fragnet

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 pm

As most of you know, I'm currently away but still in contact with Fragnet.
I got this message from them today and asked'em how long this would take.
Andreas,

We have not heard back from you, do you wish to schedule in a maintenance window? Otherwise, how do you wish to proceed? We are still awaiting response from FunCom but at this point I have no way of saying how long this will take. My recommendation is to proceed with the move, but that decision is ultimately yours, we'll do whatever feels best for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

With regards,

Christoffer @ Fragnet

My answere back was;
Hi Chris!

I am currently away from home and with limited access to internet.
If we do this move, how long will the downtime be and can we ensure the members that they wont lose anything?

My plan was to wait for the big patch of Conan Exiles, then wipe'n reinstall the whole server on the new node but with the same settings we use today. To keep the IP# and the current settings are really important. Also, if we do the move+wipe, change the date in server name to that specific date wipe was done.

In advance
Andreas Hjerpe @ Gameaholic.se

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Andreas,
Not a problem. I've created a new server for you on the new node and verified it starts up as intended. I've also copied over the settings, server name and the automated restart/update task. The only thing that remains is the IP, so if I understand correctly and you do not want the actual files moved over, we're good to go. We'll move over the IP at 15:00 CET and start the server up, shouldn't take more than max 5-10 minutes.
I'll place this on hold until 15:00, feel free to chime in with any additional details before then if any.

With regards,
Christoffer @ Fragnet

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Andreas,
The server is being taken offline now to proceed with switching the IP over. I'll let you know when done.

With regards,
Christoffer @ Fragnet

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Andreas,
It has been moved over - please proceed with adjusting what you need and start it up, we'll continue monitoring to ensure all is in working order.

With regards,
Christoffer @ Fragnet

Return to “Server Issues”