» Discussions about ArmA series [English]
8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mod Suggestion - ACE3

Postby 8ody8ag » Wed May 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Advanced Combat Environment 3
Link: http://ace3mod.com

Planing to clean out a few addons and take our gaming to another level, read a little about Ace and say what you think

Korpralen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Mod Suggestion - ACE3

Postby Korpralen » Wed May 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Seeing as this is complicated English, I'll type it all in Swedish at the end of the post:

As a MILSIM person of course I want this on the server but I'm of course used to it and know how to handle it, but however I do think that we should first of all get used and familiar to the addons we currently have.
ACE is a large addon that changes a lot of aspects, you could almost say that adding ACE no longer makes it an Arma game, rather a more realistic game built on the Arma 3 engine and will take a lot of time to get used to and properly 'come to terms' with.
I also think only certain "modules" of ACE should be implemented and maybe add more modules later on, usually we have 2 different versions of a system, take the Medical system where we have ACE Medical System and then the ACE Advanced Medical System.

I say: Yes, in the future, maybe end of May-beginning of June.
I'll gladly assist anyone with whatever regarding ACE, from the medical system to the advanced ballistics, once it is incorporated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I egenskap av MILSIM människa så vill jag självfallet ha ACE3 på servern, men sedan så är ju jag van vid det och vet hur man hanterar de flesta modulerna. Jag tycker att vi först och främst väjer oss vid de modsen vi redan har.
ACE är en stor mod som istortsett gör Arma 3 till ett helt nytt spel på samma spelmotor, många element ändras och vissa läggs även till. Dessa ändringar är kolossala (beroende på de moduler man använder) och kommer onekligen ta tid att bli van vid.
Jag anser även att bara vissa moduler bör införas men att man efterhand kan utöka dessa moduler. E.x. börja med ACE Medical och sedan gå över till ACE Advanced Medical.

Jag säger: Ja, i framtiden, möjligen början av Juni.
Självfallet kommer jag mer än glädjeligen hjälpa de jag kan hjälpa med allt som berör ACE när och om det implementeras.

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu May 12, 2016 10:31 am

I've only been testing ACE3 in the editor for a few hours, played with ACE2 for many years tho.
Must say, this is bloody awsome! I cant Think of playing without it anymore.. .fucking love it.

Naughtylus
Copral
Copral

Postby Naughtylus » Thu May 12, 2016 1:00 pm

I WANT IT and as i said yesterday. ppl need to learn how to accept challanges. ace isnt that hard to learn. so i vote YES for this

NorthernSWE
Private
Private

Postby NorthernSWE » Fri May 13, 2016 12:08 am

Im so exited about this mod i say yes

h00t
Server Support
Server Support

Postby h00t » Sat May 14, 2016 6:15 pm

As of now I must vote no on this. It is awesome with features and all that but it requires alot of the player, maybe as of today a little too much. I have been on one coop-eve and we had alot of fun, but we also had some things that struggled. I for one do not have a huge amount of time to get some gameplay and when I do I want it to go as smooth as possible. And yes realism is fun but I do not feel it has to be taken to far. I know some of you have alot of time in front of the screen and I understand that you want to try out all this. So go for it if you want to. I just hope there will be a large enough playerbase to enjoy the game. Arma 3 is big and I feel that when having almost ten guys on it is awesome, and right know we have a level of realism and fun that we have just begun to discover. To elevate it to "the next level" might be a little too soon. But hey that is just me....

/h00t
We're gonna need a bigger boat...

Mandragora
Backbone Member
Backbone Member

Postby Mandragora » Sat May 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Ace is Amazing, atleast the earlier one that ive tried with Hoot and Bodybag way back in the Days. But i would say no to Ace right now, our Community isnt ready for it yet.

8ody8ag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 8ody8ag » Thu May 19, 2016 1:54 pm

h00t wrote:As of now I must vote no on this.

Mandragora wrote:.. .i would say no to Ace right now, our Community isnt ready for it yet.

After testing it for a few Days on basic settings.. . you still wanna wait? :roll:

Mandragora
Backbone Member
Backbone Member

Postby Mandragora » Thu May 19, 2016 2:05 pm

I would say ...ACE - basic is where we should be right now. Take it slowly forward with ace now, just to be sure that everybody understands it...

Short answer ...im all for ace ... basic

NorthernSWE
Private
Private

Postby NorthernSWE » Thu May 19, 2016 2:12 pm

I like ACE we start with basic and go from there.. Its cool with new things.

Return to “ArmA Series”